How to recover deleted emails in Gmail
Deleted emails in Gmail can be recovered if they have been deleted with a trashcan or email deletion feature. If deleted with the “Move to Trash” button, they can be recovered by restoring from a backup.
Method 1. Recover Deleted Gmail Emails from Mail & Spam & Trash
You can recover deleted Gmail emails from Mail & Spam & Trash by following these steps:
- Launch Mail and sign in.
- Select the account you want to recover the email from.
- On the left sidebar, click Inbox.
- Under “Deleted Items,” select all of the messages that were deleted from your Inbox but still exist in your trash or spam folders, and then click Delete (or press Command-D on a Mac).
- If necessary, empty your trash or spam folders so that all deleted messages are moved to the “Deleted Items” folder.
- Click Inbox again, and under “Inbox,” select the message you just recovered from your trash or spam folder.
Method 2. Retrieve Deleted Gmail Emails by Using the Editing/Deleting Filter
If you want to retrieve deleted Gmail emails, there are two methods that you can use.
- The first method is to use an editing deleting filter.
- The second method is to use a third-party tool.
The editing-deleting filter is the easiest way to retrieve deleted Gmail emails. You can use this method if you don’t want to download or export the email data from Gmail. To use the editing deleting filter, open Gmail and click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen. Next, click on Settings and select Deleting Emails under Inbox Settings. Under Delete Emails, select All Messages and then click on the Edit button next to each message you want to delete. If you want to delete multiple messages at once, select them all and click on the Delete button.
Method 3. Restore Deleted Emails from Gmail by Unhiding Trash
If you delete an email from your Gmail account, it might be gone forever. However, there is a way to restore deleted emails from Gmail—if you can find them.
- First, ensure you have set up “Unhide Trash” on your Gmail account. This setting lets you see all the content in your trash bin without deleting anything.
- Second, go through all your email messages and find any deleted but still have a “Gmail” file extension. Right-click on the file and select “Copy”.
- Finally, open up a new email message and paste the Gmail file into the body of the message. Hit Send, and your restored email should appear in your inbox!
How to Recover Deleted Emails in Gmail on Desktop
If you’ve ever deleted an email from your Gmail account on your desktop, there’s a good chance it’s still lurking somewhere on your computer. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to recover deleted emails from Gmail on your desktop.
- First, ensure you have your computer’s latest version of Gmail. If not, click here to download it.
- Next, open up Gmail and sign in. From the top menu bar, select “Settings” and then “General.” Under “Email & Contacts,” ensure the box next to “Deleted Emails” is checked.
- Finally, select any emails you want to recover and click the “Recover” button. (Note: If you’ve deleted more than 30 emails in a given month, Google will automatically delete those emails after attempting to recover them.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails from Gmail on iPhone
If you’ve accidentally deleted an email or group message from your Gmail account on your iPhone, there’s a way to recover them permanently.
- The first step is ensuring you have access to your Gmail account on your iPhone. If you don’t have access, you’ll need to set up a Google Account on your iPhone and sign in.
- Next, open the Gmail app and tap the profile picture at the top right corner of the screen.
- From here, scroll down and tap “Settings.” Under “Email,” select “Data Saved.”
- From here, select “All Mail.” Select each email or group message you want to recover and tap “Delete.”
- Finally, tap “OK” at the bottom of the screen.
How to Recover Deleted Emails from Gmail on Android
If you’ve deleted emails from your Gmail account on Android, there are a few steps you can take to recover them.
- First, try searching your entire account for any messages that may have been deleted accidentally.
- If you still can’t find the emails, you can use Gmail’s “undelete email” feature to restore them.
- Finally, if none of these methods work and you really need the deleted emails back, you can contact Google support to ask for help.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails from Gmail After 30 Days [2 Ways]
If you have accidentally deleted an email from Gmail, there is a chance that you can recover it. Here are the steps to follow:
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- Under “Mail”, click on “Spam & Security”.
- Under “Recovering mail after deletion, “click “30 days”.
- Enter your email address and password, and click on “Continue”.
- In the next window, under “Deleted items”, select all of the emails you want to recover and click on “Restore”.
- If everything goes smoothly, your recovered emails will be displayed in your Inbox within a few minutes.
In conclusion, Gmail offers an easy way to retrieve deleted emails. Whether you’ve accidentally deleted an email or you want to recover a message that you suspect was accidentally deleted, Gmail can help.
Was this article helpful? Let us know in the comments.
How to recover a user’s emails in Gmail as an administrator
There are several steps that can be taken if you need to recover a user’s email as an administrator in Gmail.
- First, make sure that the user’s account is still active and logged in.
- Next, visit their email account and click on the Settings link in the top right corner of the screen. Click on the Email Accounts tab and select the account you want to work with.
- Finally, choose Recover Emails from the menu bar at the top of the page.
How to recover a deleted email that isn’t in the trash folder
If you delete an email from your inbox, but it’s not in the trash folder, you can try one of these methods to recover it:
- Use Gmail’s search feature
- Restore a backup from before the email was deleted
- Scan through your recent emails and see if there is a copy of the deleted email among them
Is It Possible to Recover Permanently Deleted Gmail Emails with Data Recovery Software
If you’ve accidentally deleted a Gmail email, you can recover it with data recovery software. This software can scan through the deletion history and find any remnants of the email that may have been left behind. If you’re lucky, you can retrieve the email completely intact.