Select All is a feature in Gmail that allows you to select multiple emails simultaneously. With Select All, you can perform bulk operations on your emails, such as deleting, archiving, labelling or marking them as read or unread.
It is a great tool for managing large amounts of emails quickly and efficiently. With Select All, you can quickly access hundreds of emails in a few clicks. You can also use it to forward multiple emails at once or even move them to another folder.
Select All makes managing large amounts of email easy and saves time when dealing with bulk operations in Gmail.
Practical Tips For Using the “Select All” Option
Here are some practical tips on easily using the “Select All” option and efficiently managing your email inbox.
- Use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + A to select all the emails in your inbox.
- With your selected emails now visible, you can delete them by pressing CTRL + D (Command + D on Mac). Alternatively, you can move them to another folder by clicking on “Move” and then using the “Move To” drop-down menu to select a folder of your choice.
- If you want to share your selected emails with someone, click the “Share” button and attach the shared email to a new email.
- To preview your selected emails, click the “Preview” in the toolbar at the top of your screen. If you want to delete these selections from your inbox, click on “Delete” in the same toolbar at any time during this process.
How To Select All Gmail Emails On Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
To select all emails;
Step 1: Open Gmail.
Step 2: Click the down arrow on the window’s top right corner to expand your inbox.
Step 3: Select “All mail” from the drop-down menu in the upper left corner of your inbox. This will select all emails in your Inbox and move them to their appropriate tab.
How To Select All Emails In Gmail On iPhone?
When it comes to iPhone, it is fairly simple. You can try these simple methods.
- Select all emails from your Inbox by pressing and holding the Option key while selecting emails in the main body of Gmail.
- Drag and drop all emails from your Inbox into a new folder called “Drafts” on your iPhone. And
- Use Apple’s Mail app to manage all your email content in one place.
How To Select All Emails In Gmail On Android?
Try these simple steps to select all emails if you are an Android user.
Step 1: Open the Gmail app on your Android device and open the current or any older email you want to select. On some devices, it is at the top of your inbox; on others, it may be at the bottom of your inbox or one on a list of emails.
Step 2: Next, pull down from the bottom of the main inbox area to reveal a small menu icon with three dots. Tap this icon. Depending on whether you are in a specific email or not, this will take you to different options.
Step 3: In a specific email, tap the menu icon that appears after swiping down from the top of the screen to reveal a list of options. This will take you to another menu icon with three dots (see above). Tap this icon and select “Select All.” This will select all emails in your current or any older email.
How To Select All Emails In Gmail And Mark Them As Read?
Now that you have learned how to select emails, you can mark them as read.
Step 1: Open the main inbox page in Gmail. If emails are not visible on the main inbox page, open the ‘All Inboxes’ section.
Step 2: Select an email and press the ‘More Actions’ button below. From this drop-down menu, choose Mark Unread. This will mark all other emails on your account as read too, and delete them from your inbox.
How To Select All Emails In Gmail To Delete?
What if you want to delete your emails? These simple steps will help you delete a large number of emails easily.
Step 1: Open your inbox and find an email you want to delete.
Step 2: In the top-left corner of the email, click on “Select All”. (If you don’t see this button, please check for the blue asterisk in the top-left corner, which should be there.)
Step 3: After clicking on “Select All”, a pop-up will appear with a warning about deleting emails in bulk. Click on “Delete Emails” to delete your emails at once.
In conclusion, there are a few things to keep in mind when selecting all in Gmail.
- Ensure you select the correct fields for each email address.
- Type the complete email address into the “from” field, not just the first letter.
Was this article helpful? Let us know in the comments.
Why can’t I select all in the Gmail app?
Here are some possible reasons you are finding it difficult to select all in the Gmail App:
- You may not have enough rights to select your messages in the Gmail app.
- The app may be banned in certain countries or regions.
- Your device may have specific limitations preventing you from selecting all your messages in the app.
What are the benefits of selecting all in Gmail?
There are several benefits to selecting all in Gmail when it comes to managing your email.
- The first benefit is that you can see your messages in one place, which can help you keep track of what you need to focus on and where you can improve.
- Additionally, by selecting all in Gmail, you can easily get notifications for new messages and changes to your email inbox, which can help keep you on top of your responsibilities.
How can I ensure that all my email is selected when I open Gmail?
You can take a few steps to ensure that all your email is selected when you open Gmail.
- One way is to create a shortcut to open Gmail in the top left corner of your screen.
- Another way is to set up a specific Gmail account and password for your work or personal mailbox.