Gmail Emojis Shortcuts
Recently, Gmail introduced a new feature called “Gmail Emoji shortcuts.” These shortcuts allow you to access different emoji characters with just a few keystrokes easily. This is great for quickly sending a message containing an emoji, but you don’t have time to go through the full character set.
Here are some of the best Gmail emoji shortcuts to help you express yourself more easily.
When sending an email, use these shortcuts to add emotion or emphasis:
- Smiling Face with Tears of Joy: Use this emoji when you’re happy and excited about something.
- Saying “No” with a Sad Face: This is for when you don’t want to do something.
- Looking Confused with an Eyebrow Raised: This one is for when you don’t know what to say in a message.
- Sticking Out Tongue (with a Fork): This one is used when someone’s done eating and they’re giving the “thumbs up” sign.
Access on your desktop with a few simple steps.
- Open the Gmail app on your device or computer.
- Click the three lines in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Scroll down to find Emoji and select it.
- Select Keyboard preferences from the Emoji section of the Settings screen and click Add button next to Keyboard shortcut for emoji (?:\).
- Enter ?:\ as the keyboard shortcut and click the OK button to save changes.
- You can now start using Gmail emoji shortcuts by pressing ?:\ on your keyboard!
If you’re using Gmail on your Android device, you can use emoji shortcuts to save time.
Here are four tips for using Gmail emoji shortcuts:
- Type @ followed by the first letter of the emoji you want to use, like “@f” for a smiling face.
- Type + followed by the second letter of the emoji you want to use, like “+e” for a thumbs up.
- Press and hold down on the apostrophe (‘) key when you’re typing an email address and then type in the corresponding emoji, like “smiley email@example.com”.
- Use keyboard shortcut keys (on most devices, these are comma [,) or Enter) to insert an emoji without having to type its full name first.
- Open up Gmail on your iOS device and sign in.
- In the top left corner of the screen, click on the down arrow next to the “Inbox” label.
- On the “Inbox” page, under “Emoticons,” select “Create a New Emoji.”
- Type in a keyword or phrase you want to use as an emoji, like “coffee” or “happy.”
- Select from one of the pre-made emoji sets or create your own.
- Tap on the emoji you just created, and it will be added to your inbox!
Here are some tips on making the most out of emoji shortcuts:
- Use common emoji expressions. Expressing yourself with common emojis will save time and improve your emailing experience. For example, using the smiley face for “I’m happy” will be understood by most recipients.
- Be concise. When sending an email, keep your message brief and to the point. Short sentences with clear language will help convey your message quickly and easily.
- Use context clues to figure out which emoji to use. Sometimes it’s helpful to know what else is happening in the email to determine which emoji to use.
If you’re looking to improve your Gmail experience, here are a few advanced tips to get the most out of emoji shortcuts:
- Use keyboard shortcuts: While you can use the mouse to select and insert emojis, you can also use keyboard shortcuts to speed up your workflow. For example, press Ctrl + Shift + E to insert an emoji with a smiley face.
- Use custom emoji sets: If you don’t like the default emoji set Google provides, you can create your own set by going to Settings > Emoji and selecting “Create New Set.” You can then add emojis as desired.
- Use Google’s search bar: One of the best features of Gmail is its powerful search bar which lets you search for any email or message in your inbox quickly and easily.
From saving time to improving productivity, there are many reasons why people use Gmail emoji shortcuts. Here are a few of the most common:
- Shortcuts allow you to easily type common emoji combinations without manually typing each character.
- Using emoji shortcuts can help you communicate more effectively with others, as they can be read quickly and easily.
- Shortcuts can also make emailing more fun and interactive, helping you stay organised and efficient while working.
- Finally, using Gmail emoji shortcuts can help improve your overall email reading experience by making it easier to find the information you’re looking for.
In conclusion, these Gmail emoji shortcuts are a great way to save time and effort when using the email service. Whether you’re looking to reply to a message or send a quick hello quickly, these shortcuts can help get the job done faster. So keep these tips in mind next time you send an email, and don’t forget to use the hilarious Gmail emoji shortcuts!
Was this article helpful? Let us know in the comments.
Here are a few tips on how to use them to your advantage:
- When replying to a message, use the 💩 emoji to indicate that you’re laughing at the contents of the original message.
- To express excitement or happiness about something, use the 😃 emoji.
- To show that you want someone to stop messaging you, use the 📧 emoji with an angry face.
There are quite a few Gmail emoji shortcuts that you can use with your keyboard.
Here are some of the best ones:
• To send a GIF as an email, type “GIF” followed by the emoji for the desired image.
• To add a reaction face to an email, type “: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯” followed by the facial expression you want.
• To quickly change the colour of an email’s text and background, use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+K,” then type in “#ff99cc.”
• To make it easy to find emails with attachments, type “@” followed by the subject of the email you’re looking for, followed by “attachment.
Adding Gmail emoji shortcuts to your website can help make sending and receiving emails a breeze.
There are a few different ways to do this, each slightly different.
- The first way is to use an online service like G Suite Emoji. This service will allow you to add custom emoji shortcuts for Gmail and other email providers like Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com. Once you’ve added the emojis, you can then use them in your website templates or on specific pages.
- The second way to add Gmail emoji shortcuts is to use a browser extension like GEMoji Chrome or Firefox Add-on. These extensions will automatically add the appropriate emojis when you type them into a text field or send an email.