How To Block Someone On Gmail
Gmail is a free email service that allows you to easily access your mailbox, messages, and contact information. It’s easy to sign up for and use and has great features. For example, you can easily find and store email addresses to keep in touch with friends and family. Gmail also offers a variety of features to make your life easier.
For example, you can add contacts to your address book to connect with them whenever possible. You can also use Gmail to store photos and videos in the cloud, so you never have to worry about space again. Overall, Gmail is an excellent email service that is well worth using!
But sometimes, Gmail is used for phishing emails and scamming people. Blocking someone is one way to prevent it.
Reasons Why You Might Need To Block Someone On Gmail
There are a few reasons why you may want to block someone on Gmail.
- They may be doing something you don’t want people to see on your account.
- They may be causing some mischief on your account or in your messages.
- You may have had a bad experience with that person and want to end it.
- You may need to block someone on Gmail if you believe they are cyberstalking or harassing you.
- If the person is a public figure, you may need to protect yourself from them by blocking their addresses and messages.
- If you have concerns about data security, you should block the person’s account for safety reasons.
How To Block Someone On Gmail: Desktop
Follow these simple steps to block someone on Gmail using a desktop or PC.
- Launch your browser and log into Gmail.
- Track down an email message sent by the sender you want to block.
- Click the three dots menu in the email’s upper right corner.
- Select Block from the menu.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear. select “confirm”
How To Block Someone On Gmail: Mobile Phone
Follow these simple steps to block someone on Gmail using your mobile phone.
- Open the Gmail mobile app as a first step.
- The second step is to open an email message from the specific sender you want to block.
- Select “3-dot menu” (located at the top right)
- Select the block option.
- Tap the confirmation button to block the specific sender.
How To Report Spam And Phishing
You can report spam and phishing emails to Google if barring someone on Gmail and reporting them doesn’t keep those unpleasant messages out of your inbox. Here’s how to report something:
- Enter your Gmail login information.
- Check out the spam or phishing emails.
- If the email is spam, select Report spam email from the pop-up menu displayed by clicking Report spam in the toolbar.
- If the email is phishing, choose Report phishing from the three vertical dots in the top-right corner of the message window. Select Report Phishing Message after that.
How To Block Emails On Gmail Using Third-party Apps
Clean Email is one of the top inbox management programs. With the aid of this program, you can unsubscribe from annoying newsletters and marketing emails, set up automatic email management rules, block unwanted senders so that their emails never make it to your inbox, and much more.
To block Gmail using Clean Email, follow these steps:
- Go to your Inbox after logging into your app’s account.
- Look for a message sent by the person you wish to block.
- Choose the message.
- Choose Block from the action toolbar.
Why Am I Still Getting Emails From Blocked Senders On Gmail?
The sender may have changed their email address, which is one reason you can still receive emails from someone you blocked on Gmail. Another explanation is that the unwanted sender concealed their real email address by using email spoofing.
Pros And Cons Of Blocking Someone On Gmail
Blocking someone on Gmail is a great way to keep them from seeing or managing your email. This can help protect your account and prevent them from causing any damage.
Some of the benefits of blocking someone on Gmail include the following:
- They won’t be able to access or manage your email.
- They won’t be able to send or receive unwanted emails.
- They won’t be able to view or print out your email.
- It can help protect your account from potential thieves and hackers.
Some of the cons of blocking someone on Gmail include the following:
- When someone blocks you on Gmail, it makes it difficult for you to communicate with them.
- It can prevent you from receiving important messages from your contacts.
- It can also prevent you from seeing the latest updates to your email account.
- It can cause problems with your inbox and your email account overall.
Best Practices For Keeping Your Gmail Account Secure
Gmail is a great email service. However, there are some best practices you can follow to make your account more secure. You should:
- Use two-factor authentication (2FA) to protect your account from being accessed without your separate verification card or code.
- Keep your contact and calendar information private.
- Use the virus scanning software to protect your computer and email from malware.
- Be sure to create and maintain strong passwords. Use a third-party password manager.
- Make use of firewalls and anti-virus software to protect your account.
- Regularly check your email for attachment risks and remove any that you find.
- Keep your Gmail settings as private as possible, including your account’s and contact list’s passwords.
Some people argue that Gmail is a free and open site, while others say that the company has been trying to control users’ privacy since its inception. Regardless of your opinion, it’s important to remember that blocking someone on Gmail can protect your account from being hacked or spammed.
Was this article helpful? Let us know in the comments.
Do people you block on Gmail get notified about it?
No, neither Gmail nor any other third-party software will notify the person you blocked about your decision.
Can I receive emails from the blocked address on Gmail?
Email spoofing is one of the reasons you could still receive an unwanted email from a blocked address. This occurs when your sender uses a fake email address to hide their message.
Can I block multiple people on Gmail at once?
Yes. To do this, select every sender you wish to ban and select “Report spam” from the action bar in Gmail.